Monday, July 9, 2012

fantastic classroom ideas

I must start off by saying I have never loved reading a textbook so much in my life. Throughout the reading I started putting posted notes on pages because the book offers such great ideas for the classroom that I definitely plan to use. I felt that chapter 2 was like Pinterest in a textbook just providing all kinds of directions for awesome reading activities/ideas. I thought the "Reading and Me" idea was genius, especially the part about making them write paragraphs summarizing their accomplishments. I also loved the teacher record sheet idea because with so little time in the day or time for planning, it's easy to forget to read all types of genres to your students. It's so important that they be exposed to all varieties in order to be successful, well-rounded readers. The reading conferences idea was such a wonderful idea too. What better way to get students excited about reading then giving them a moment in the spotlight with their teacher to discuss anything they want about any book they choose? My favorite idea was probably the "reading parties" that are actually set up like a party with treats and such. Reading parties are not like the typical tangible rewards that help motivate some children to read, they are even better! The best part about all of the ideas given in the textbook is that they are completely realistic and doable. 
Thinking back to your younger years in school, how would you all have felt as students if your teacher did these awesome ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment